Minor Surgery and Other Procedures
We are able to carry out minor surgery and other procedures here at Petone Medical Centre for enrolled patients.
We offer the following services:
- Removal of malignant (or malignant suspicious) single skin lesions. The lesion must be suitable for surgical management under local anaesthetic in a primary care environment.
- Removal of sebaceous cysts, including on the scalp (no hair shaving or sutures required)
- Ligation of skin tags
- Cryotherapy (freezing) of suitable skin lesions (this will require 2-3 visits)
- In-growing toenail excision
- Skin lesions(s) diagnostic punch biopsy
- Radio frequency (heat) treatment for suitable skin lesions
Corticosteroid injections for painful joints and ligaments
- Shoulder/rotator cuff injury (may require a preliminary ultra sound scan)
- Elbow (tennis/golfer elbow)
- Wrist (carpal tunnel, De Quervain tenosynovitis)
- Trigger finger
- Foot (plantar fasciitis, calcaneal spur)
- Knee (osteoarthritis or injury related pain/swelling)
Please ask at reception or call 04 939 9868 for more information about any of the above procedures
Costs will depend on the number of lesions treated. Your care provider will clarify the cost before starting treatment.
You will need to confirm that you are able to pay the cost. You may be required to pay the fee before the procedure is started.
If you are an enrolled patient at Petone Medical Centre and have a community services card (CSC) or a high user card (HUC); or if you would have genuine difficulties paying the fees for minor surgery please discuss this with your GP or the Practice Manager.